Saturday 15 September 2012

Holiness Revival in City of God, News.

We have many stories of people in the City of God Church who have had some
life impacting encounters with our Lord Jesus as the Holiness Revival broke out. Here we share two
of such stories.

Dora Forson writes about her experience on the first Sunday of the Revival (2nd September 2012).

"To me it started as a usual Sunday morning when we met early to pray before service began.  During the prayer time we were asked to pray for  a good worship time which would bring joy to the city, that the preaching would leave a Now Word for everyone to take home, for the glory of the Lord to come and shake the city so that many would go home filled and that transformation should begin in people's lives. During the prayer time I was lifted up somehow and I saw myself dancing with angels. Many angels had come to partner everybody in the meeting ground and there was joyful dancing and singing in the city. I shared this with the brothers and sisters. At the end of the prayer time we came to begin the church service. The worship began well and the songs were very powerful, then I had the urge to give a word to the church. I asked all who wanted to dance with angels to come because angels were indeed in the temple dancing with us. Many responded and a word came to me that if we were to receive abundantly from the Lord then we must shake off every burden, every anxiety, every pressure that might hold us back from receiving, and the whole church responded by shaking off whatever was
holding them back. The whole meeting became heavily under the Spirit of God. A powerful song about how awesome God is and the miracles He does was raised. I heard a voice clearly telling me to go on my knees but I restrained myself because I was wearing a beautiful white dress which I wouldn't like to make dirty. But before I realised I was on the floor and  the Spirit asked me to worship  the Lord whilst on the floor so all I could do was to roll on the ground all over, singing and praising God while tears were rolling from my eyes. It was a very frightening but joyful encounter with the Spirit of God.   While on the floor I was shown what essentially was like a playback  of all the miracles and wonders that God has done for me and my family and the church since we first joined the church over 20 years ago. I saw what was like video clips of all the key victories that God has given us played to me one after the other and my heart was filled with gratitude to God for his awesome power and love.  It This went on for a long time and at the end I just felt like coming home to sleep. So, to me, I feel I have seen the Lord and since then my sense of worship and service to the Lord has increased and I am more thirsty and hungry for God.  I am expecting Him to do more in our midst any time we meet."


Esther Kpikpi, 19, writes about her experience on the second Sunday of The Revival (9th September, 2012).

Dr. Kwarteng laid hands on me to pray and BAM I was on the floor…
This is what I heard.
‘'Stay there a minute while I do my work. I need you pinned to the floor for a while to get all my work done in you. You’re always running about the place doing this and that. So just be.’’
I saw a man with a doctor’s satchel around his shoulder kneeling by me, and looking down at me.
‘’I’m going to equip you for the work I have for you in the university. Don’t bother trying to get up. Because until I’m done, you’re going to be pinned to the floor.’’
I tried several times to get up, almost to test Him. I was indeed pinned.
He reached into his bag and brought out the ‘tools’ he needed.
‘’I’m strengthening you now,’’ he said as he opened up my legs and placed in them steel. ‘’Strength for all the walking you’ll be doing. Strength to keep going and strength to carry on. Fortifying your legs.’’
Aunty Dora came to me and was rubbing my legs. I knew it was done. Accomplished.
He went on. ‘’I’m now placing in you FAITH. And the way I’m doing it is setting a fire in your heart. And this fire will not burn out. Usually, fire goes out whenever the gas has run out. But in your case, I AM YOUR GAS CYLINDER AND I WILL NEVER RUN OUT.’’
Aunty Dora came and touched my chest.
I knew it was done. Accomplished.
He went on. ‘’ I am anointing your feet so that EVERY PLACE YOU TREAD, you will be given.’’
My feet were shining. Aunty Dora came and was rubbing my feet.
Then he told me to rest in His arms as He cradled me. Just rest and stay there. He was done and I was in convalescing period, and he was nursing me.
I felt so at peace with Him. He was no longer a gigantic, far-away, blindingly-bright God. He was my COMPANION. My FRIEND. He was holding me in his arms. It was worth more than a million words. I realised at that point that He could be the friend I needed. He could come down to my level. He could connect with me. He could be’ man-sized’- the right size to hold my hand and walk by me. Not too gigantic to literally stay by my side. Fully man, fully God.
He told me that when He was done working on me, I would be able to get up freely. I didn’t know if I wanted it to be over.
I saw him get up and begin to walk away.
‘’Don’t go,’’ I called out to him. ‘’Please stay here with me.’’
He looked back at me and said, ‘’I am going back to sit on my throne. To reign and rule in all majesty in your life.’’
I watched as he headed towards His throne.
Soon after, and with much ease, I got up and walked back to my seat.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing time. I love the way that we can all be encouraged by God-stories even if they are not to do with us. Many blessings to all

    ReplyDelete