Sunday 4 November 2012

Holiness Revival: Isaac's story


On Tuesday, 4th September, 2012 at 6:09pm I had a text message from the elders saying, "Spread the news! We have a special church service at the Centre tomorrow (Wednesday) at 7pm. Which means no cell meeting. Please be there."

On Wednesday, I arrived at the meeting a little late. The church was in small groups discussing what the Holy Spirit had come to do on Sunday (2nd September, 2012). Shortly after, the group discussions came to a close and (for the first time since I started worshipping with City of God Church) Eli Ampofo took the microphone to lead us in worship.

As the worship progressed, I began to pray, asking God to let me see more of Him and feel more of His presence. As I kept speaking these words aloud, I began to experience a strange feeling in my stomach; a feeling that I have never felt before. I had an urge to sit on the floor, which I tried to ignore, but my stomach kept churning in this unusual way, so I finally sat on the floor. I felt my hands were joined together and I also felt excessive heat surrounding my entire body. I tried to pull my hands apart but I couldn't release the grip. Then my body began to sweat and my legs folded inwards. I tried to straighten my legs but I couldn’t. My eyes were tightly closed and I felt surprisedbecause usually when one’s eyes are closed you feel a sense of darkness, but in this case I felt a sense of brightness which was as bright as gold. It was very beautiful, as if I had seen the Lord. I became so happy and started to laugh louder and louder. In the midst of my laughter I felt tears roll down my cheeks. At that point I heard Mensah and Oheneba saying “You are blessed”, so I tried to open my eyes but couldn’t keep them open as the auditorium was so bright.

The next thing I knew I was standing again and this time I began to walk. It felt like I was walking on the clouds. I had no idea where I was walking so I tried to hold back my legs but again I couldn’t. I could feel my left arm around someone and I then began to speak in tongues. At this point I tried again to open my eyes but I couldn’t keep them open. In the few seconds my eyes were open they became fixed on the word ‘Holy’ which was displayed on the projector screen. Then I began to feel an unusual strength which prompted me to shout out “God, you are awesome! God,you are beautiful! God, you are beautiful!”

Meanwhile Aunty Dora was sharing her experience with the Holy Spirit and the angels from our Sunday (2nd September, 2012) meeting. Emily then came to sing and as she sang my heart began to rejoice over the words in the song so I lifted my hands in worship. It felt like I was receiving something from heaven. Then I heard a voice saying “Time is limited” which I took to mean there was more in store for us, but time was short as the meeting was coming to an end.

At the end of Wednesday’s meeting our leaders declared Friday an all-night service. Finally Fridaycame and it was time for us to meet and worship our Heavenly Father again. Friday was just amazing because I couldn’t see the difference between that night and our Sunday morning celebration. As we worshipped and prayed for more spiritual rains, the atmosphere in the auditorium changed and it felt like we were in a different place – Heaven.

In the course of the evening Pastor John invited those with pains or any form of sickness to come to the front. I had two pains in my body - one was in my left arm and the other in my spine - so I joined the others in front. When I got to the front, I felt there was so much anointing in the auditorium. The church began to pray for us and Daniel came to lay his hands on me. Whilst he was praying, he hugged me and I felt something from him moved into me. Since then I haven’t had any problems with my back! My arm however was still hurting a bit so Pastor Joe called us back to pray for us again. Before Pastor Joe prayed, my arm was stiff, but as he began to pray, he held my hand and it began to move very freely again and has remained liked that since.

Then the praise team began to start singing praise songs and as they did I felt so much heat around me I felt the need to remove my tee-shirt. As soon as I took it off I had a strong urge to join in the dance. I danced and danced until the praise time finished. The time had passed by so quickly, I was surprised that it was now 4:00am on Saturday morning!

On Saturday, things felt different. I had become faster and stronger when carrying out the jobs I had to do, It felt like I could take the whole world on my shoulders. Also I have noticed since then that my relationship with God is growing stronger and stronger. Friends, Jesus is real and the Holy Spirit is so wonderful. Just leave everything and come to worship God and for those of you who are already in the faith, continue to worship God, as he will surely fulfill all his promises to you.

Thank you.
Isaac Ofori-Kuma Addison

2 comments:

  1. Incredible! God is so close to us! Its amazing when He reveals himself to us in these amazing ways. Thank God! We want more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need interpretation to the revealed word "TIME IS LIMITED". It is the real part of the experience you didnt really catch. God gave you a word you must tell the church.
    Let's get in touch. I will gladly bring explain it as the Lord leads.
    God bless you.
    Greetings to Bishop.

    ReplyDelete